8 June 2014

My week 23 in workouts

This week was a rough one for me as my sleeping schedule did not take high note even after my official announcement on social media. I took it a bit easy and really focused on technique (and learning to use the compass correctly for once, lols), or at least tried. This whole working out thing is just so addictive! Especially when you really and honestly enjoy what you are doing. I don't know what will happen when I have to move back to Vaasa as there seems to be no CrossFit box there just yet and there will be no orienteering during the winter of course. Obviously I can do running, and I suppose I have to sign up to a "regular" gym and learn to have fun in there. My past experiences on gyms is not the most positive ones though. Usually they just bore me after two weeks as all you can do is sit in a machine and move your legs up and down, spend half an hour on a cross trainer or do awkward booty-shacking movements on a Zumba class. Yeah, maybe I'll just come up with another new hobby. Karate could be fun, haven't yet tried self-defense sports yet other than a single class of aikido or something like that when I was like 12.


On Tuesday I had a nice run as we attended this running event in Hämeenlinna with a bunch of my coworkers even though I was kind of exhausted from my Sunday run and Monday orienteering. Minna really pushed me do good as I tried my best to keep up with her pace, haha! We ended up blasting a pretty decent time for a 7k run, at least for me. At the finish line there were some Scandinavian Hunks, literally, waiting for us which was awesome as of course it was raining cats and dogs and freezing and makeup running down the at-that-point very pink face... :-D
Saturday was also a fun day, I figured to do a whole post about this but oh well.. So it was time for the summer season opening "party" at the CrossFit gym. Earlier this week I was so hesitant for even attending as I know I am not (yet) the strongest person or have a best technique in any of those movements we do at classes, and most of them probably have never yet tried. But I am so glad I went, as I had a blast and didn't do that bad after all I think :-) My group was also super understanding and I got to choose what I wanted to do so that I could actually finish the movements :-D The program for the day was basically four different group WODs and which group had the lowest scoring in the end won. Somehow I ended up having an awesome team full of _ripped_ people and my "CrossFit career" started off with a #podiumselfie! Such an awesome day with awesome people :-)
Sadepäivän Sankarit 
For this summer I seem to have a pattern going on for working out. Monday is for orienteering, tuesday and wednesday for CrossFit, thursday orienteering again, friday CrossFit and the weekend will be decided by the weather so either golf, CrossFit or just rest and relaxing. Its hard to get amazingly creative with this schedule, as it is made almost to the minute. That's just how it is as a "grown-up" and a full-time job I guess. I can't even attend the morning classes as they are from 7 to 8am, and basically that would leave me 15 minutes to take a shower, put on some makeup and decent clothes. Not gonna happen for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment