31 August 2013

26.8.2013 / Good morning Stockholm: Söderköpings Golfklubb

On monday morning we arrived to Stockholm at 6:30 local time. It was already the rush hour, and people were wondering to work by bikes and cars. At sunrise we greeted Stockholm and headed to our next destination, Söderköping.

Morning rush - a few cars trying to get to Stockholm

We drove trough Södra länken and already got stuck in the traffic. Fortunately the ship was on time and we did have some spare time. The time went by fast as we listened to Biffy Clyro, ate our take away breakfast(over priced bread and bad coffee) and travel snacks, finnish Marianne candies.


At last we arrived to Söderköpings Golf klubb, perfectly on time while the temperature was getting up and higher and the morning dew fading away for a nice round of golf. Our tee-off was at 10:00 so by then the sun had warmed the air quite nicely to be able to play without your sweater. It wasn't too cold yet still not hot.





The course it self was gorgeous, some of the tee boxes were decorated with an amazing view. But my playing, on the other hand, wasn’t so gorgeous then. A little bit before the half way point, my energy level just dropped to its bottom and I felt so tired, lacking of energy. Now when I think about it, until then it had been maybe 5 hours since that over priced sandwich I ate for breakfast.. So no wonder i felt a bit down.




At the ”Kiosk” there was not many items to choose from, and I ended up eating a bun.. Not a good idea. After that there was energy for the two next fairways, but after that my blood sugar-level dropped again. My mood was not the best, and as I get hungry and tired, I turn up to a total Tina Turner-diva. Thank god I have a patient father :) I ended the round to three pars, so not that bad at all. It was a good 4,5 hours of tanning, for sure! 


Overview of the course was nice. Not too fancy, yet they had everything you needed. Green fee was very affordable, 380 kr, as it was already low-season. What amazed me was that the cart payment was 80 kr. Too expensive to me, as usually(in Finland) they are free of charge. The food was good, yet amazingly cheap I think. Two huge pastas with salad and soup was altogether about 190 kr.





Could recommend this for a short visit if you are planning on visiting more than one or two other courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment