24 November 2013

Exploring Germany: Hamburg

Two hours from Bremen, I arrived to the central station of Hamburg. My first plan was to find an info desk, where I could get a city map and actually locate myself. I did not have any plans figured out before my trip, so I just kind of went with feelings. Finally I got the map and also a 24 hour underground/bus ticket. I ended up using that ticket only twice, so it was not that useful.

THE Hotel Beefang

View from the room

I knew that my hostel was quite near the station, so my next step was to find my way there. There was no wi-fi available so I kind of just went where I thought it was. About 200 meters from the station, in the middle of nice buildings there was what seemed to be a "chinese block". Of course, the hostel was there. From outside the place did not look promising, on the door it said "Chinese tourist center". My room however was really nice, big with my own shower and toilet, television and a double bed. Quite a good room I would say for the price I paid. And not to mention, it was located like 300 meters from the train station. 



Love this building!


I checked in and went to see the city. As I had no plans made before hand where I would visit, I just decided to hit the main shopping streets and look around. There were two big streets side by side filled with all kind of shops and department stores. My favorite must be this one store Thomas I Punkt which sold mostly super cool mens clothing, accessories and shoes. The stuff in there was so cool, If I was a man I would have gone mad in there. So definitely worth visiting for. Apparently they have more stores around Hamburg also, and they sell a local brand which also manufactures all their clothes in Hamburg, thumbs up for that! Unfortunately the selection for women was very poor and strange, so I ended up leaving empty handed, though with a big smile on my face as the shop assistant were so nice. I was wearing my new Liberty of London Vans and they wanted to take a picture, so I deputed my career as a shoe model also... :-D





While strolling around the city, I somehow managed to find the coolest places in my opinion, and knowledge also. And I fell in love with it. Everything was so clean, beautiful and peaceful. The center was full of life and I must admit, super stylish people! No wonder, as I did see some very alluring shops.

Here you can find e.g. Hérmes ...

Nice place for having lunch or a coffee

The next day, my previous plan was to leave early in the morning to Berlin, but as I liked the city so much I decided to give it a couple more extra hours. I ate lunch at a place called Dean&David and - though the service there was not the best I have experienced - the food was excellent. Tummy happy and filled with yummy food, I once more went around the city  - and found even more cool places.





Can't wait to get back there, I could easily see myself even living there.




Hamburg you stole my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment