10 October 2013

Exploring Groningen: Hoornsemeer

Soo like I mentioned in the Week 40 wrap-up, on Friday we went for a little exploring trip to the southern part of Groningen. I had heard that there is this a park/lake surrounded by beautiful nature and apparently a windmill also, only a half an hour drive away. We had the day off from school, so we decided to go check it out.



We googled the route to the lake, and it seemed very simple. But as we started our journey, we only got like 300 meters from Vismarkt and we were already lost. After an hour of pedaling and help from the cutest old man, we finally made it there.


To be honest, first I wasn't that impressed about it. Even though the surroundings was very unreal and strange, it was like we had gone to another city or something.. It seemed like a perfect place to be spending your retirement days!

As we went a little further, we came across this super cool playground. I mean, the playgrounds in the Netherlands are just so cool! Lappset should do a little benchmarking I think.. ;) We ended up spending our time in the playground, climbing up this huge "jungle gym", and I really felt like a monkey haha. I bet we were more excited than the (other) kids there.



After a couple of hours, we were so hungry that we decided to just bike around the lake and get something to eat. I can't believe here you can buy a proper chicken salad for 3 euros from the supermarket!! And supposedly it was even good.
There was also cows(?)
Such a nice day, even though I think we missed like half of the place. But that only means that I have to go there again. I heard that it is a really nice place in the winter too, ice-skating on the lake and such!


No comments:

Post a Comment