29 October 2013

Exploring Holland: Rotterdam

So before going into my trip to Germany, I wanted to tell you a little bit about Rotterdam. We did a day-trip to Rotterdam a week and half ago on Friday with Amyra. We wanted to do some shopping, especially in Primark and I was also looking for one Alexander Wang bag, and of course see the city of the great Erasmus, so we figured to do a little visit. Before Friday, we asked some girls what we should do in Rotterdam and they basically said that its not forth visiting.



We both had day cards for the train, so only 15€ per person for a day in Rotterdam was quite nice price for a student. More left for shopping hehe ;-) We left just after 9 am and arrived to Rotterdam at about 11 am I would say. We headed straight to Primark, which was located next to the Alexander train station, so not the central station. I had never before shopped at Primark so I really did not know what to expect, except for super affordable prices and not that great quality. But still, I was so shocked when we got in from the front doors. The whole store was a big mess of all sorts of clothes and people going mental. I almost just took a u-turn and walked out right away, it seemed to be too much and not worth it. I could not think of enjoying my time in there. We did end up spending like 1,5 hours I want to say in there. But yeah, I was expecting something like H&M or so. The prices were super low, though, and I bought a few things from there.


After that literally extreme shopping experience, we enjoyed some nice lunch and headed to the city. I wanted to visit one store called ANSH46, which I knew sold Alexander Wang bags. I have been ragingly trying to get my hands on the Diego-bag in black but no store has it in-stock!! And neither did this store..


The city center of Rotterdam was really nice I think! It was way bigger than I had thought and I really liked it. I don't know why people said we shouldn't go there at all. Definitely a place worth visiting I would say. Also, the people were super stylish.

Erasmusbrug

No comments:

Post a Comment