7 October 2013

Week 40

Over a month ago I left my ordinary life back for a while and executed my desire for studying abroad. I can't believe how time goes so fast. On the other hand so much has happened, but somehow I was planning to do even more. I guess I made too big of expectations for my stay. As I still have to study and be responsible rather than being all party, traveling and such. Good mix of all above and I am very happy. 

I feel like by accident I have managed to create a decent week-schedule for myself. The beginning of the week is always very much about studying; trying to get everything done. That is when I usually have school the most. Besides lectures, I have been spending a lot of time at the library. 

This week has been a lot about exploring. I went to the city library for the first time, we went for a little day-trip, of course introduced ourselves to a new pub, and I have also been just randomly going around a lot more.

On Monday I really didn't do anything, haha great start for my "explore-week". I had dutch class, which is still very confusing to me. Like, when people talk dutch I can kind of understand, but then they decided to write the words down so that nobody could understand what it says.. Have to give it a couple more hours I guess. Study group anyone?

On tuesday I though I had a mass lecture, but apparently it was cancelled. Then I was supposed to study statistics. Turned out I had my calculator, notebook and everything with me, besides the book. So back home and as u-turn to the library. I also though we had a test in statistics, but apparently it was for another group, not us. But i really liked my outfit of the day.


Wednesday was also a study-day. First to the city library, which was really nice. Especially from the outside. Inside it wasn't as nice that I had thought. After a few hours, I had a meeting and after that decided to stay to study still for a while. I also had quite a lot of catching up to do from the time I was sick and low in energy. I feel like the to-do list never ends.. In the evening we decided to head out after we had taken about 1000 selfies and trying to find the one party in our building, couldn't find it. So we threw our own. Fun times.

The next day I luckily didn't have any school, so I got to enjoy a lazy morning. For the past weeks I have always had school on Thursdays so this week was a nice exception. I didn't do much special. Except: We made a plan with mummy to meet up in Frankfurt the week we have off from school. So first I will travel around middle/north of Germany and end it all up with a nice weekend with mum in Frankfurt. So excited! Now I only have to do a proper travel plan, which cities I want to visit and how many days I want to travel and also fin accommodation etc. I was thinking of couchsurfing, but we'll see.. I will propably end up buying a Germany-interrail-pass or whatever for the trains so it won't be too bad as when it comes to money.



Friday we decided to do a little day-tour to a Groningen-sightseeing place. We biked for like an hour to the south of Groningen to a lake. I had heard so many people visiting this place and seen many pictures. After everything, we did find the place and for me the best part of it was the playground. So cool! I think we spent about 2,5 hours on the playground and even made a little dutch friend. And 20 minutes to go half way around the lake. And I guess we missed all the "good stuff" in there. But it was way fun and the perfect weather. In the evening there would have been a house party somewhere in the city, but I was too tired from everything going on during the week that decided to stay in. We cooked a nice tea and such.. Friday was also laundry day. The first laundry day in here. The laundry room isn't that alluring to me, and I have kind of been just postponing my laundry duty and waiting to be running out of underwear. My laundry experience was as bad as I thought it would be. First of all, half of the machines are not working or I couldn't get them to start. Then as you load your laundry you have to stand in water, god knows what is in it, because the floor is flooding. And thirdly, after 120 minutes in the dryer, my socks were still very wet and half of them fell in to the water as I pulled them out of the machine. yeah.. Not sure when I will take the time to do that again. Not soon for sure.



I am so happy to write this down: on Saturday I started my day with a morning(well, at 1 pm) run!!! Yay, I can run again. I have been feeling quite sick for the past 2-3 weeks and my lungs have been hurting every time I tried do some active sports. But now I decided I was no longer sick and ready to run. And so I was! The best 30 minutes of my week. I also went to IKEA to fiinally pick up some kitchen stuff I forgot to buy, such as a cutting board and a proper knife to cut vegetables. As for dinner I made some delicious fajitas, so yumyum and very proud of myself. 

Today was the first Sunday of the month, meaning it would be Koopzondag, shopping sunday when the shops are allowed to be open. After strolling around the city for a couple of hours, taking pictures and enjoy the lazy sunday,  I went to a sport store to buy myself a new traveling bag, as my old one has a huge whole in it and when traveling in Europe for couple of days or a week I find it very inconvenient to be dragging a big suitcase with me. I also ended up buying some super cute sport clothes for the winter. Very rational purchases I would say. Today I also bought my flight ticket to Finland for christmas. Will be traveling back already on 18th December.



P.s. Terveisiä mummille ja paapalle <3 Pikkulinnut lauloi että blogi on syynissä ;) Tekstiviestit tulevat perille, vaikka vastausta ei aina kuulukaan. Haleja<3

3 comments:

  1. Vähänkö kuolaan noita karkkilaareja täällä... Mutta näytät jotenkin tosi onnelliselta, toivon, että niin on! :--) <3 Haleja täältä !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah olin taivaassa kun näin noi ikean karkit!! täällä siis kaupassa ei myydä minkäänlaista kunnollista karkkia, irttareita en oo nähny vielä toistaseks missään... tällä hetkellä ainakin menee tosi hyvin täällä päässä! ihanaa kun kommentoit!! laitoin vihdoin sunkin blogin seuraukseen bloglovinissa niin muistan käydä lukemassa kaikki postaukset :-) Haleja<3

      Delete
    2. karkki on tärkeetä, mulla ei ainakaan esim. koulun kirjoitustyöt suju ellen syö karkkia samalla hahah :D mutta jee, mä kyllä kirjoittelen tosi harvoin ku oon laiska ja tylsä ja saamaton. mutta jonain hetkenä ! mutta ihana kuulla, et menee hyvin, pidä hauskaa siellä ! :--)

      Delete