10 December 2013

Exploring Holland: Day in Den Haag

On Saturday it was time to do a little day trip again. I have had so much going on at school and everything so I feel like I haven't had time or energy to travel around.. There are still some places to see before I am ready to return to Finland!
Local Politie? 

Our ambitious plan was to catch a 9am train as it takes like three hours to get from Groningen to Den Haag. Surprisingly(knowing my sleeping preferences..) we left the house at 9:30 and made it to 10:46 train. By that we arrived a little late, around two o'clock and actually got to spend only a few hours in there as we had plans for the evening in Groningen. Once again, we had no plan whatsoever on what to do, see or experience in there so we just wandered around the center.


At some point we realized we hadn't eaten at all and at least my stomach was feeling very angry at me. So we headed to find a place to eat. Out of all the restaurants, we chose the slowest one in town when it comes to service but the location was nice, a great place for people-watching ;-)

I had somewhat high expectation for Den Haag. I don't even know where or from whom I had gotten my image for the town, but it was totally different what I thought. Maybe we should have done a little more research on what to do, but for now I can only say that it was a nice trip but probably we could have spent the day way more efficiently. I had fun though, we made some new friends (Russian tourists) and it was a nice getaway for a day. Maybe not totally worth the 6 hours traveling by train.. I really don't have anything to say about the town, soo maybe I will just end it here. Next weekend we are heading to Germany and maybe also to Maastricht or some other place in Holland, so hopefully a little more enthusiastic report on those ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment