6 December 2013

Happy Independence Day to Finland

On Wednesday evening at a group meeting we were scheduling our next meeting and one of the group members mentioned that on Thursday it would be a very bad weather so maybe we shouldn't meet then. I didn't think that it would be anything too bad, a little more wind and rain, maybe even snow. But on Thursday as I woke up, it was raining like no other, the wind was super fast and the weather did not look very tempting.. So i was more than happy to stay in. 


In the evening, we were so bored and Amyra asked if I would like to go see the new Hunger Games movie. And so we did. It took me a while to get into the whole HG hype. During the time the first movie came out, I watched it online and was expecting a lot as everyone was talking about it so much. After the horrible 1,5 hours I was not convinced - how can someone be so excited about a movie where people are kept in a trap underground eating each other.. Not until a few weeks ago I realized that the movie I had seen was not what I thought it was. Instead of Hunger Games I had watched Hunger 


Right after that relatively embarrassing realization I made amends and gave over two hours of my precious time for the actual Hunger Games. And let me tell ya all - totally worth it! Usually I am not that into the whole action-figthing-guns-and-fire type of thing on movies(openly sucker for romantic movies), but this time it didn't bother me at all. I was immediately hungry for the second part ;-)


So, yesterday I Finally got to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I had heard somewhat a lot bad things about the movie, that the ending was not good at all, and there would be too much of the battlefield bit. But for me, that was not a problem at all. I think it was a perfect continuum for the first part and left anticipation and excitement for the third part. I even cried, twice. Also, How gorgeous is Jennifer Lawrence?!


Our way home from the city was not so romantic then again. The storm had come even worse, the wind was gusty and it was even hailing. But as soon as we got back to Korno, it started SNOWING! We witnessed the first snow raining down, and it was a happy moment have to say. This morning as I woke up and looked out and down, I was so happy to see a thin, white layer on top of the grey ground.


It took me a loong time to write this post as at the same time I am sticking into my traditions and watching the handshake-event this time from Tampere. #Linnanjuhlat I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment