25 December 2013

My Merry Christmas

So far my christmas holiday has been full of action, love, good food and relaxation. On Wednesday when I landed to Helsinki-Vantaa airport, I had my dear mummy and sister there to pick me up <3 That meant a lot to me, and yes I cried again. It was a wonderful moment to see my two favorite girls again after such a long time apart..
First thing I did when getting home-Ruispalat I have missed you so :-D

AHH! Received these from one of my workmates, Thank You! God I missed Fazer too
The first thing on Thursday I got to do was to wake up at 7am after a 5 hour night of sleep, and I was off to work. Me and my weak mind will someday get me in trouble for being too nice. But it was a nice back-to-reality check from all the "studying" hah.. Im grateful to have such an amazing work place where they always accept me when I come and go. Its such a great situation to have a work place where I have the option to work for part-time when I am available. And also, to have such nice people to work with of course that its always so nice to return!
Friday morning we even had some snow
Tampere shopping-tour; bought myself a new hat
But on friday, after two days of working and very low sleep hours, it was SO nice to know that the next few days I could just sleep, relax and enjoy being home. I still needed to do some christmas shopping, but happily I managed to do all of it during Saturday. For once in god knows how many years I had actually bought/made and wrapped my presies before Christmas Eve.

Yesterday, on Christmas Eve, morning we headed to grandma and grandpa's for morning sauna tradition. After, it was time to enjoy the long waited rice porridge joined with our cousins. There is this tradition that one almond is always hidden to one pot of rice porridge and the one who gets it gets to wish for something and has good luck for the upcoming year. For the past years, I don't remember even one when I would have found that freaking almond from my plate. And I remember always being so upset as my older sister was usually the one who got it. But this year it was proven that miracles do happen- and I found the almond! 


This is when the real Christmas begins 
One of the reasons I love christmas is because of all the traditions around it. After breakfast we drove to the cemetery to light up candles for the memory of the people who are not here anymore to celebrate chirstmas. The "candle sea" for the memory of the lost ones in there is so beautiful. Then back to home to stress about the food. Mum is always under so much pressure(by herself) to make everything in time and perfect that two hours before Mummi and Paappa arrive, you shouldn't be around the kitchen area haha..

Finally after hours of waiting, everyone dressed up nicely, its time to just relax, sit to the table and enjoy each others company and share stories. Our christmas dinner lasts for hours and hours. There is always too much food and the food is amazing of course. This year mum had even made some special vegetarian dishes for me, and they were so yummy I will never want to spent my christmas ianywhere else.
Sisters; youngest, middle and oldest; tallest, middle and shortest
Where is the food?!
Oh, there it is 

The evening continues with gift exchanging and intense board game tournaments. This year Santa didn't come to our home as he had so many other houses with smaller children to visit but it was ok ;-) Either way, I received so many amazing gifts - I wasn't expecting anything at all but I guess I had been very kind! I love them all, and they were all very useful.



Today, as soon as I got myself up it was time to head to our cousins home to eat some more and also to see my precious goddaughter. She is so big already!
Me is hungry - give me some cake!
Now I will go and eat some more, maybe watch a movie and have an early night in. Tomorrow I will go to my grandparents and bake some Finnish goodies(korvapuusteja) for them to enjoy when I'm away again.
Merry Christmas from the ladies of the family <3

2 comments:

  1. Oi ootte niin kauniita kaikki! Ihanat joulut vielä, vaikka vähän myöhään<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi kiitos <3 Ihanat joulut vielä myös sinne! Harmi kun ei sitten kuitenkaan ehditty näkemään, meni niin kiireessä se loman alku ja sitten sä ilmeisesti lähitkin jo takasin Helsinkiin.. :/ jos vaikka sitten helmikuussa!! :)

      Delete