7 September 2013

First Week

Our first assignment was to come up with a certain product, produce it and present it. All this in four days, in a group of about 13 members from all around the world.

So, the last four days have been about meeting new people, cultural collaborations, teamwork and adjusting. I suppose this is how it's going to be for the next five months; adjusting to a new environment with new people, and to top that off, who are all from different countries and backgrounds.

Campus area
Our assignment was to make a survival guide, especially for international students who come here to study. And we did in the end manage to produce our product, Survival Stickers. We designed six different stickers with different kind of tips for surviving. One was for supermarkets and restaurants, one for Hanze rules, one for biking instructions etc. Personally I really liked our product and I think they looked really good. I believe that we even made some profit out of this project ;-)

Natural Science building, I think?
This project already taught me so much, it was a great way to show that some "sacrifices" has to be made to turn this year to something else than fighting, bad feelings and unfinished group assignments. It is for sure not going to be easy but I guess that is part of this experience, exchanging emotions and learning from each other.



After all the first week hustle, today I woke up feeling really sick so I am just going to stay in and have a good night sleep. Tomorrow it's time for an international Dutch dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment