16 September 2013

Week 37

I feel like the threshold of writing is getting higher every day since the last post. In the other hand, there is a lot going on everyday but on the other hand, I don't feel like they are worth writing a full-on blog post. And sometimes after an event for example, it would be nice to post something but I don't have any photos so don't want to do that either.

But I figured it would be nice that on Sundays(or Mondays) I could do a little round up from the past week. If I can still remember what has happened..


So on Monday I had my first lectures for this semester, starting with dutch. I was almost late from the class, as I had to buy some books and of course got lost.. I went to a wrong classroom but soon found out that it was not where I should have been. After school, I went for a run and found a really good path to run trough a park called "noorderplantsoen" I think, so very excited about that! In the evening I made my first "Erasmus meal", in other words pasta and tomato sauce. I also got allured to check out the ESN party at "Drie Gezusters", aparently the place to be as an exchange student. 


Gladly for my grandma-naturewhen it comes to partying(nowadays) we didn't stay out too late, so it was rise and shine the next day. On Tuesday I had two lectures, first marketing at 10:30 and the other at 16:30, statistics for dessert. In the morning, I watched out from my window and the sun was shining and I was really excited for still being able to wear almost summery clothes. But, when I made it to school, I was absolutely soaking wet!! A little shower to top off the day. From that point on, I have been wise enough to always carry my raincoat, just in case, even if it is just a little overcasted. After my statistics lecture, I remember feeling so tired and drained so the plan for the evening was to watch a movie and get a good night sleep. Statistics was SO hard.. I don't know how I will manage to finish the course, better yet with some decent grade. 

Wednesday was my day-off from school, as our lecture was cancelled due to the teachers extended holiday. Good for him, better for me. So I just slept in, went for a run and took it easy. Stocked up my fridge shelf and wondered around the neighborhood. In the evening I met up with a new friend, whom with I will be going to Amsterdam to see a band called Daughter on 18th November. First we went to his friends house and later to a jazz pub called Peter Pan I recall. My night was filled with Italians, air kisses and german beer. It was so much fun and in addition, I got to know my neighbor!


During the whole first period, I am going to have lectures first thing in the morning on Thurdays. 8:30 a little crispy from wednesday time for HR management. Even though our teacher seems really good and funny, the course once again is not going to be an easy one. This course is meant to be taken on your 4th year, and most of the students have just returned from their year abroad and are almost graduating already. But hey, challenge accepted.. Overwhelmed from all the information, just headed back to the dorm and chill. Don't remember if I did anything too overwhelming, just went to the city center to find some notebooks but couldn't find any decent ones. I still don't know where these people buy their notebooks, all of them were just awful, not practical at all or for children. I ended up buying my first pair of Vans and a new jean jacket from H&M as I forgot my own at home in Finland.

TGIFriday: On friday we had a nice set of lectures, first two hours of HRM and straight after three hours of marketing. And I believe this will be on every single Friday for the first period. How cool is that, I get to sit at school until 5:30 pm every Friday when I could be spending a long weekend in Amsterdam for example. Oh well, no can do. Friday night I didn't have any plans, except for kitchen duty of course. Also, Martin was so kind that he went and bought me ticket for a ESN excursion to some island. So next weekend I will be spending exploring the countryside of Netherlands. Very excited and looking forward to that!!



For Saturday I had made plans with a german girl to meet up in the city, as I wanted to buy a book from her. Even though it was pouring rain that day, I am so happy that I went as I got my marketing book for just 15 euros, bought myself a new hat and some fresh veggies from the market. When I came back to the house, I bumped into Martin and we decided to go check out this second hand store called Mamamimi quite near to our house. Unfortunately we didn't find anything for ourselves, but there was a lot of good furniture etc. for sale. We also went to the market to taste the waterloo fries again, as they were so yummy and neither of us didn't have anything to eat. We also grabbed some fresh berries to have as a dessert. In the evening we then enjoyed our dessert and gathered with some other friends to the 6th floor. Gradually, more people joined us and in the end, there was like a 15 people party going on including people from at least Spain, USA, Greece, Slovakia, Germany, Brazil, France, China and Bulgaria. We all decided to head out to a bar and ended up going to the three sisters(Drie Gezusters). 

Sunday was like the most perfect sunday. I slept in, feeling a little hungover have to admit. Ate breakfast at 2 pm(toast with peanut butter, cucumber and lettuce - so good!), spent the rest of the day in a favoloso company of italians and to top it all off - finished my Kitchen duty week honorably. No more kitchen duty in at least 6 weeks!!! We had plans to visit the Martini tower to see the view, but as we made it there it was already closed. Fortunately it was a really nice weather and we decided to walk around the city for a while, and hunt tobacco for Cesare - with unsatisfactory results. Espresso, Twin Peaks, italian couscous and porto. Me happy, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment