18 March 2014

26.2.2014 // Lazy day: Santa Monica and The Grove

Mandatory selfie to start off the morning. And the pile keeps on growing... :-D
Our whole wednesday was basically spent at the Santa Monica-Beverly Hills-Hollywood area. Our breakfast place was the cutest cafe called Huckleberry. It's a family business serving food made from local/organic ingredients. I had muesli with greek yoghurt + fresh fruit and an english muffin as well as orange juice and chai latte. Mom had some sort of a toast, I don't really remember but the main thing is that our food was de-licious, the service was excellent and the vibe in there was so cool and youthful even though it was filled with all types of people. Loved it. Besides the pancake place, this had to be one of my favorite places we visited. 
The Santa Monica pier is known for being very active and lively, but now as the season wasn't really blooming yet it was more quiet. There were still some people using the roller coaster and enjoying the activities around there.
Suddenly there was this huuge cloud of birds flying by the pier - it was quite amazing to witness!
This bird was such a diva - it was posing for the camera for so long!
After strolling around the Santa Monica bay/pier area, we headed over to the shopping street called 3rd street promenade. It was filled with shops, nothing special I would say but a good, compact place to shop at I guess. We popped into a few stores and I bought a new wallet as my old one was kind of falling apart. I love the way people working at the clothing stores in US act. They are so nice and helpful, even though you would not buy anything. They ask how you are doing and are willing to help you. Even at the high-street stores they at least say hi and ask if you need help. At Barney's there was this male sales assistant who was the nicest, he showed us some new items they had just received and asked where we were from etc. and also gave us some tips where we should visit - this you would not experience in Finland, even at the more pricier stores...
My dear friend Amyra gave me a little tip of an outdoor mall called The Grove, it was located in the are so we took a little visit there. On the way however we drove trough the Hollywood/Beverly Hills area and on my request, we stopped by at Neiman Marcus and tadaa, here is where my new love was found! Finally I found the Diego bag, but to my surprise I actually fell in love with another color I was looking for. Super happy about that, and I also found some other goodies. The service was excellent and the whole shopping experience really nice :-)
 
I really liked the atmosphere at The Grove; there was a fountain and a tram taking people from one end to the other. And also a Topshop/Topman store!! We shopped for a few hours, had dinner and bought takeaway cupcakes to be enjoyed in the evening. We even bought one little cupcake for our dog ;-) So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment