25 March 2014

Shoppings :-)


Aright, lets get to the fun part of our trip. And by that I mean shopping! In my teenage years I had sort of a shopping addiction. It got so bad that basically all my mum had to freeze my credit card and control my bank account so that I just would have too much money at one time, hehe.. :-D Anyways, as I grew up it really hit me how much and stupidly I had been just spending money without earning it. Of course now I earn my own money by working, so I don't feel any regrets when buying something that I like. But that whole shopping-over-my-assets definitely made me be a lot more considerate, if I really need those things I'm about to buy. But sometimes its just fun to splurge into something you wouldn't necessarily need but want, and I think thats completely fine. OK, enough for that and now lets get to the part where I will make excuses how I really needed all the 24 kilos of stuff I took home from LA.

Before our trip, I made this little sketch of a shopping list trying to control me swiping the credit card too often. To be completely honest, when we got there I did not remember making this list at all. So its actually pretty interesting to see if I have even purchased the things that I was looking for, or did I just go crazy for the low price tags and everything so pink and pretty.. :-D
  • My list starts with an A. Being the oh-so-lovely Diego bag from Alexander Wang
    • I did end up buying an Alexander Wang bag but not the one I particularly and desperately was looking for. I wanted it in black with gunmetal hardware. But some stores didn't even know that combination existed.. Finally after running trough literally like five ten different stores just for this bag, at Neiman Marcus I tried on the same bag but in Ink(so very dark navy blue) with silver studs. And I kind of fell for it. Its a very dark navy so in some lighting it almost seems like black. Im so happy I decided to go for this color, as I already have a bag black and to be honest, navy blue goes SO well with my clothes and jackets, better than I thought. And to justify my love for this bag, I have been wearing it non-stop since I got it so for 3,5 weeks now(but don't even have a proper pick of it just yet..) :-)
  • Wallet 
    • Check! I bought this yellow beauty from Neiman Marcus at the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica. So pretty and bright and has loads of cards space.
  • New sunglasses 
    • I was really looking to buy a pair of Celine or Tom Ford sunglasses, some chunky ones as I have seen on a super stylish Youtuber Arielle Cristiana. But somehow I didn't fancy them that much as strolling trough the stores. I did buy a cheap pair of slightly cat-eyed sunnies from Gap though.
  • Make-up
    • Long story short I bought a Benefit 15-hour primer(which is awesome!), Lancome mascara, Beauty Blender, Eos lip balms, Benefit eyeshadow pallet and eyebrow kit,  four new brushes, Kat Von D liquid eyeliner and some other small cosmetics like nail polish and lipsticks.. Comestics is so much cheaper in the US than in Finland, so as there is a Lancome mascara for $20 dollar, for which I would pay like 40€ in Finland, there is no denying it, I will buy it.
  • Victoria's secret
    • Pretty in pink - how could I resist! All that pink made me go crazy and I ended up spending way too much money at VS. But for me, the quality of the products is really good and for example the bras fit perfect, so I always stock up while I have the chance.
  • Vans, Jeffrey Campbell, Nike
    • I bought four pairs of shoes. A pair of Nike's, pair of Sketchers(yap, you read it right!) and two pairs of Converse. I was really wanting a pair of classic black Vans Era, but you can't have all at once!
  • Sports clothes and new trainers
    • Even though I was thinking of buying new running shoes, as I had bought so many shoes already I decided not to. Instead, I bought loads of new sports clothes. They are so cheap in the US especially when converted to euros so I had to.
  • Basics; t-shirts, tops, longsleeves
    • Clothing wise, i don't think I bought that much. I wasn't really in the mood for buying clothes, but of course I did find something. For example my new absolute favorite cardi from Urban Outfitters and the cutest dress from Topshop. And a t-shirt from T by Alexander Wang. Its so soft and perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Tästä postauksesta tykkään!! Vihdoin ja viimein Losin ostokset! Ja oli pakko googlata toi laukku, aivan ihana!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehee no kiva kuulla ;) ja joo, oon käyttänyt sitä laukkua kirjaimellisesti ostohetkestä lähtien ihan koko ajan! Hyvä ostos siis ;D

      Delete