19 March 2014

27.2.2014 // Warner Bros. studio and some more shopping

For Thursday we had reserved tickets for a tour at Warner Brother studios located in the Burbank area. I was a little hesitant about the whole thing, thinking that it would all be just a prop of a prop, as in they wouldn't let us go to the actual filming sites. I don't know if we got totally fooled but during the couple-hour tour around the studios, we saw some pretty exciting places! If you are a fan of PLL, Hart of Dixie or Gilmore Girls, this is a place you want to stop by at. I don't actually know how much the tickets were, but they were just bought online from the Warner Bros. VIP tour company website. We also got to visit the stage of Ellen DeGeneris!! And our tour guide(who was amazing btw) said that they were filming at least two and a half men at the same time we were there. I didn't recognize any celebs, but after all I shouldn't be trust on that matter as I barely know what Johnny Depp and Brat Pitt look like (and I just googled how their names are spelled).. :-D

Rammer Jammer doenst look half as attractive as it does with Wade on Hart of Dixie(preferably topless)

Welcome to Bluebell and the most famous gazebo in the world(not a confirmed fact)


Everyone should recognize this cute little corner cafe!

Just a tiny bit of the gorgeous garderobe of The Great Gatsby


After the tour we drove down to West Hollywood area. There was quite a hustle going on around there as the Oscars was held just that Sunday, so three days from these pics. It was pouring rain right before the actual show, and the biggest news title must have been; how will they survive if it will rain on Sunday during the Oscars' red carpet, #firstworldproblems or what?! The great thing about America and everything being big and ambitious that they have parking lots and garages everywhere. Like here, we just drove right to the Dolby theater, down to a parking garage and the valet took care of the rest with payment of $10 or so. I mean, just last Saturday I parked our car(and almost scratched two other cars) to the garage of Stockmann in Tampere. First of all, I had to park it myself(not the easiest place to park at) and I was running errands for like three hours and I paid something like 5 with the first hour being free. So a whole day for $10 including valet is totally not bad! 
 
Anyways, we did some shopping at the Hollywood & Highland mall and just walked around for a while. Like I said, the surroundings of the Dolby theater was quite packed because of the preparations for the gala so it wasn't the most enjoyable place to be. It was rush hour so we had a pretty slow and loong drive back to our hotel, not to mention how many times me missed an intersection or an exit cause the navigator was going mental. A quick drive-by the Walter Disney concert hall was all the touristing around I could take anymore for that day. 
This is what we came to the hotel with. Our valet just laughed at us, wonder why..
Anyways, we did some shopping at the Hollywood & Highland mall and just walked around for a while. Like I said, the surroundings of the Dolby theater was quite packed because of the preparations for the gala so it wasn't the most enjoyable place to be. It was rush hour so we had a pretty slow and loong drive back to our hotel, not to mention how many times me missed an intersection or an exit cause the navigator was going mental. A quick drive-by the Walter Disney concert hall was all the touristing around I could take anymore for that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment