26 March 2014

Perfect day in Lapland

Today I had an awesome day. Even though I had to start it a bit later than I wanted. Last night all the others from our group went to see J. Karjalainen perform at the Hullu Poro Areena(local night club), so they had a pretty slow morning as you would assume. The sun was shining yet again, so I decided to walk to the "mainslopes" and enjoy a few hours of snowboarding just by myself. You never know how the weather will turn out the next day, so I do not like to waste any sunny moments on the slopes. I hate snowboarding when its foggy, as the visibility is so bad and you just have to guess what kind of bumps and humps will be on your way..
At the G2 World Cup-slope there was a military skiing competition, so I checked that out. I also had a pretty nice view... ;-D

In the afternoon I changed my gears from snowboarding to cross-country skiing. Because of the lack of snow in the south, I haven't been able to ski at all during this winter so for this week I have been enjoying it more than ever! I didn't even remember how fun it is to challenge yourself to conquer those steep uphills and push your limit a little further. So far I'm counting at 10k+10k+15k so altogether 35km. On Friday I still have the "final leg"; Levikierros around the fell which is about 18 km.

Right after skin 15km I enjoyed a nice, relaxing sauna session while the sun was setting behind the cabin next door. After all that, now I feel pretty relaxed but still full of energy. I had an awesome day! I would not mind spending more of my winter days like this, but I guess you have to experience the "boring" every-day life to really appreciate these kind of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment