25 May 2014

My week 21 in workouts

Its time to wrap up the week again and start a new one with a fresh mind. The time flies by so fast at this moment of my life, with loads to do and not much time to sit and listen to the birds whistle haha. I guess that is a good thing as I am a type of person who gets bored really easily. So especially during the summer I tend to keep myself very busy. I mean, we all know that when it gets super cold and snowy again there is no way I will be spending any spear time outside but instead inside with a thick sweater on me. But luckily the heath wave has hit the town and already for a couple of days we have had the chance to enjoy those +30C sunny days. Even so much that I managed to burn myself and get a real nice tan line...

This week we finished our onramp-course and I managed to already check out one of the "real" classes at our gym, and boy was it a hit in the face. I think I was already super tired from the week and so I decided to take the weekend and really relax, get some sleep in and just nurture my body  and mind with stretching, foam rolling(..eating ice cream..) and reading in the sun(..eating more ice cream..)!

Was really satisfied on my orienteering on Tuesday until I ran 6 min to a total opposite direction as I was supposed to, so in total a 12 min miss, not good! Maybe I should learn how to hold the map the right way up first..
For the next week my goal is to keep up with foam rolling preferably every night even, and to really work on mobility and stretching. I do think that is one of the most important things to do besides working out. It keeps you from straining yourself and by that getting injured. It would suck to have to cut down on sports just because of not stretching enough or poor recovery. As said, your muscles/body really gets the progress from the rest after a workout. Said that, my other goal for the week is to really enhance my sleeping schedule. Now that I don't have those late night onramp sessions anymore, its easier to go to bed earlier and prevent the total exhaustion in the morning caused by just a few hours of sleeping. Maybe I could even cut down on my coffee consumption, which to be honest has kind of escalated because of the free coffee at our office..

No comments:

Post a Comment