19 February 2014

Planning for Los Angeles / What to pack

For quite a while now I have been wondering what I should pack with me. We will be gone for only nine days, so I really don't want to overpack and then ponder upon if everything will fit on the way back. So a list had to be done and outfits planned well. The weather is not making this any easier. The weather app on my iPhone has been my loyal friend for the past few weeks. Trying to figure out how the overall weather will be, is it warm enough for summer dresses, bare legs and a denim jacket or do I still need trousers, sweaters and scarves?


According to the estimations, its sunny and around 25 degrees in celsius. So it should be summer. But I have a feeling that 26 C in Los Angeles is no where near comparable to 26 C in Finland..

For now, this is what I have been planning to pack(check-in, carry-on and a small purse):
-Travel outfit x2: something comfy, warm and of course a big scarf to use as a pillow/blanket
-Day outfits for going around: dresses, skirts, jeans; t-shirts, tops, sweaters
-Shoes: trainers, flats, sandals, one pair of high heels?
-Sporty clothes for hiking
-Jewellery, a hat, a lighter scarf
-Cosmetics pouch
-Tights, socks, undies...

Thats about it. Its interesting to see how my packings will turn out, and after the trip see if I even wore everything. That's the plan though. On wednesday I have to go trough everything for the last time and think everything trough. This time I don't want to be paying for overweight luggage. And now we don't even have dad with us to take part of my stuff to his bag ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment