8 February 2014

Saturday / Olympics / Running

So far my saturday has been pretty good. It was so nice to wake up without an alarm but instead our little dog licking my face. I have to admit that I am really not a morning-person, so even 7:15 am wake ups are super annoying to me. But still, now after five mornings I have finally kind of starting to get the fact that if you just get up to the first alarm ring your day starts way better than pressing that snooze button over and over again. After a nutritious breakfast and a cup of coffee, you feel like a total different person than an hour ago thinking "why did I not go to sleep earlier last night"..

Benefits of working late hours
Anyways, I started my morning by watching the olympics. I made myself an awesome breakfast and went trough all the olympics news and gossips. Then it was time for the mens slopestyle finals. I had huge hopes for our Finnish contestants Peetu Piiroinen and Roope Tonteri but even though they did not rank as hoped, it was such a great first ever slope style olympic final! The judges' scoring was also pretty interesting to say the least. The winner Sage Kotsenburg really earned all of those 93,5 points he scored. After the competition there was a lot of speculations about the judging, but to me slopestyle is more than just the big jumps, as half of the run includes rails. With the unexpected and really different grabs I think Kotsenburg stood out from the others, as everyone else kind of just focused on the jumps, doubles and triples, and not being able to land them proper.. There was a lot of risk taking, which for sure led to an exciting competition.
Enni Rukajärvi carrying the flag
Next up was the  ladies' Skiathlon in which we even had four skiers in. Of course, the norwegians are a total overpowering bunch when it comes to skiing but I think its important to keep in mind that its not impossible to beat them. The start was really good for us and we had I think all our skiers inside the leading group. When changing to from classic to free, you could really start seeing differences. Everyone started to get really tired from all the HUGE hills on the course. At the best they cruised down the hills at a 70km/h speed. Gosh. Our own Aino-Kaisa Saarinen fought until the very last meters and ended up being fifth over all. From 61 contestants that is just amazing! Of course we were even expecting medals, but the norwegians and Kalla of course are just beasts and when you think they are done and too tired, they still have that one extra storage of energy!

Watching olympics is a great motivations for my own exercising I think. When watching all those athletes competing and really giving all, it makes you feel super lazy just laying on the sofa, haha. So I went running. I really wanted to go skiing but its been raining so there isn't that much snow left and the track doesn't look that tempting.. I love running, but especial now after quite a few weeks taking a break, it feels like you would be starting from scratch all over again. But when I keep in mind that it gets easier and more enjoyable after just a couple of times makes me kind of just suck it up and keep on running. Also the feeling after a good run is just amazing.

My little sister got a Microcar and now she will be my chauffeur haha
I just had to come and write about my morning so far, but as usual I kind of departed from my plan.. Now I will enjoy a little sauna session, maybe do a facial. At 16:00 starts the men's skiing I believe, so will check that out and for the evening I have some exciting baking plans made. Let's see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment