17 February 2014

Recipe book: Carrot-pecan cupcakes with coffee topping

On Valentine's day I wanted to do some sweet treats for my family and a friend I was meeting that evening. Valentine's day is not anything other than a normal day to me, but its always nice to do something special for your loved ones, even if its just something little.

In Germany I bought this "10 000 cupcakes" recipe book from Urban Outfitters and so far I have experimented two different types of cupcakes according to the book. So quite a few left ;-)

On friday I did a carrot-pecan cupcake, chose a coffee-cream cheese topping and decorated them with cute sprinkles. I think they came out good, even though I was pretty doubtful during the process. As an english/american recipe the ingredients and measures are different from what I am used to. For example, in this recipe they use "vegetable oil" instead of butter and grams of sugar instead of deciliters.


  • Mix together 1½ dl of vegetable oil, 200g of sugar and two eggs °C
  • Add 225 g of flour, 1½ tsp of cooking powder and 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • Combine 175 g of grated carrots and 50 g crushed pecan to the mixture
  • Divide into cupcake tray
  • Bake for 25-30 min in 180

  • Whisk together 100 g of cream cheese and 50 g of butter
  • Add in 250 g of icing sugar, 4 tbsp of coffee and beat until smooth

  • Extrude topping on top of chilled down cupcakes
  • Decorate as you wish 





No comments:

Post a Comment