30 January 2014

Emotional Goodbyes

My last night at Korno(tuesday 28th) was as emotional as it could have been. I was packing up all my last things and preparing my room for the check-out meeting (hopefully I remembered to clean everything..). In the end I managed to fit everything to my suitcases, even though the bigger one was way too heavy. 


At some point after midnight it was time to say goodbye to my dear friends as I was leaving so early in the morning so that they wouldn't see me. I had decided that I would be strong and not cry. I even did my make up to prevent me from tearing up, lol. For the last week I did not feel sad at all about leaving and was more exited than sad. But somehow during the last few hours all I did was cry. First I said goodbye to Kitty and she gave me a pic of Coco with a few words in the back of the pic. I couldn't even read the note as I was crying so much. At this point it hit me that I wouldn't wake up to these girls anymore. They wouldn't be at one door knock but thousands of miles away. My Italian neighbor just laughed at me and my crying-face haha. When Amyra got back it all just accumulated into a stream of tears and remembering all the bad things about Korno to make me feel a bit more happy. We enjoyed the last hallway meeting and big group hugs before I tried to sleep for a few hours but ended up just crying, haha.

The next morning, after just one hour of proper sleeping and otherwise mostly just sobbing, I opened the door and found the prettiest little paper on the floor. I opened it at 5:30 am while waiting for the bus at a freezing cold night. I saw people coming back from bars, singing and there I was, sitting alone crying. Me and my extremely puffy eyes got in to the bus and said goodbye to Groningen, hopefully not for good but for now.

Last elevator-selfie

These two ladies in particular made my 5 month stay in Groningen the best that I could have asked and better that I ever hoped. We had so much fun together. I can't believe I had the privilege to get to know them and become friends. It was so soon that we were "the three musketeers" as Brian would say and I felt so comfortable with them and could share anything. They did not judge me and, hopefully, loved me just as my silly self. 

:') <3
Of course, the past semester I had the opportunity to meet so many new people from all over the world and, with some of them, become friends. I feel like I understand different cultures way better and many personalities have opened my eyes to new things in this world. I have had amazing conversations with people from Italy, Bulgaria, France, USA, Spain, Brazil, Germany, Ukraine, China, Tibet and the list goes on. My love towards traveling has only grown and in the future I hope to meet at least some of these people again. 

This is how I left my room - with no soul and looking so sad
And this is how it looked like the next day - haha 
I would like to say: Thank You! to everyone making my past five months amazing. I hope to remember all these beautiful moments for years and years, with that to help me luckily I have over 6 000 pics to remind me ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment