13 January 2014

That's What's up

Tomorrow starts practically the last week of my exchange semester. After that I don't have anything to do with regards to school, except a lot of paper work regarding the actual exchange process. The courses I am taking for this period don't include an exam, so for the last two weeks I am free as a bird. Well, not quite but pretty much.
Just so you don't forget this is how I look like(sometimes)
Tomorrow we are ending a course called Planning and control, which has been  a lot of work. The hardest course I have ever taken probably. We have been basically managing a company manufacturing and distributing copy machines, with four other groups and together we constituted the market. So the final part is a shareholders meeting, where we all have a role in the board of managing directors and basically have to convince the shareholders of keep on investing. Pretty nerve-wrecking but also interesting to see the other groups work. The whole course was basically a game/competition and the main point was to reach the highest share price on the market. We had eight periods in total and they all represented one year. The program for this is TopSim and apparently it is popularly used at Universities in Germany.

The program is very good I think. Because we make the decisions ourselves, and everything we decide has an affect on how well we function. There are so many factors impacting all kind of ratios, financial information and things you did not even realize to have a connection to each other. So very thorough introduction to the actual practise of managing a company and using the information taught during the last few years of studying. Of course, we could only influence so much and some information was out of our hands. But more decisions to be made in such a short time while actually just learning the same things would have been way too much. My group for this project was really good too, so the journey was enjoyable.

And this is also me with Kitty
After this week, its almost time to pack my bags and start getting ready for the trip home. Kind of sad but at the same time exciting to get back to Finland and to the projects going on in there. Even though there is this thing called Bachelor's Thesis waiting for me to kick off.

That's why I also want to take the absolute full advantage of the remaining couple of weeks. I still have 5 day tickets to be used for the train, so five days of going around the Netherlands. Just have to figure out what days and where to go. Then there is packing. Lots of packing. For some of my stuff I need to pick up four of those cardboard moving boxes from IKEA, as we managed to arrange a pickup by DHL and they will then ship it to Finland. Thats perfect as there is no chance that I could get everything carried by myself to Bremen and from there to Tampere by plain.

Anyways, that's what's up at this moment in my glorious old mind. Now its time for my beauty sleep to avoid those puffy eyes(which can almost be already recognized as my identification - "Laura, you look tired"...) Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment