11 January 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

"Beautiful things don't ask for attention"

For the second time during one week, I went to the movies. I didn't even remember how fun and somehow just nice it is to go to the movies and enjoy a few hours in a dark room full of strangers. This time I wanted to enjoy a bit of relaxation before the last few stressful days as we have two final reports and presentation to make for monday.
One of my uni friends mentioned about a new movie that came out a while ago, that it was really good. Aside from that, I had also seen the trailer for the movie a few times. Even though I wasn't highly tempted to go and see this particular movie, it fit my schedule the best and also my curiosity led me to buy that ticket.
During the day time on weekdays the tickets are only 7 euros, so even cheaper than with the student discount. So if you don't have school, as I didn't on thursday, day is the perfect time to go. The theater is also super quite and the seats more than half empty, so you can just lay back and even take the whole row just for yourself.
So on Thursday, I chilled out for a couple of hours and enjoyed the entertainment of The Secret life of Walter Mitty. As I mentioned, I had seen the trailer a few times before, but wasn't too tempted to go and actually see it in the movies. Anyways in the end that was my choice, and I am glad it was. In the beginning the movie wasn't that marvelous, kind of took its time to actually get going and get the idea from it. But when it got going, it was full on action! Walter Mitty made me want to visit Iceland even more than before, go longboarding more often and also, still avoid swimming in the ocean, hah :-D

The scenes from Greenland, Iceland and Himalayas were just so beautiful and somehow the story was kind of touching, even though such a cliché. Not to forget, the music was just to the point. Perfect and I also discovered new artists, thats always good!

Really recommend watching this, it kind of reminds you to step out of your comfort zone and explore all the possibilities out there; Not sticking to your routines every day, but give in on those foolish extempore ideas; not just dream of doing things but executing them and just see what will come out of it. The world won't stop spinning if you ease a little from work and enjoy more of the finer things in life. 

"To see things thousands of miles away, things hidden behind walls and within rooms, things dangerous to come to, to draw closer, to see and be amazed and to feel, that is the purpose of life"

Next time I really want to see the Wolf of Wall Street, of which we actually set a date for the upcoming Sunday.  Then some day I have to finally check out About time, but that is not going on the movies anymore so have to watch it online I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment