30 January 2014

It's all over

Hello Finland!!

It's so weird being back home. I mean, I feel so happy being back to my family and all the "normal" things here in Finland, the stuff that I am used to. But at the same time, I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that I will not live at Korno ever again. At times this unpleasant feeling of sadness and missing the life in Groningen takes over my body and mind. I am sure that it takes a few days or even weeks to really understand the fact that for the next 7 months Pirkkala will be my hometown.
And get to sleep with this little lady <3
Also I keep thinking if I have forgotten to do something concerning my exchange, for example return some paperwork or something..

So yesterday at 14:25 we landed to Tampere-Pirkkala airport and dad was there to greet and hug me, and to help me with all my luggage. I had two check-in bags, a big carry-on, a canvas bag and my longboard of course. As I flew with Ryanair they did not have equipment for wrapping any extraordinary equipments, I had to check the board in just as it was without any case for it. It was quite nerve-wracking to wait and see if the board would even be as one piece arriving from the hold. As a coincidence one Finnish girl was on the same flight so it was nice to have company and the flight went by pretty fast, even though we were both quite emotional and super tired from leaving at 5:30am and also not sleeping the night before.

Souvenirs from Holland

Since my arrival I have enjoyed a fair bit of Ruispalat, the best rye bread in the world, using the oven by baking Whoopies for the first time, doing laundry with a decent laundry machine and of course enjoying the company of my family.

Not bad to come back to this sight!

Mom had decorated my room so pretty and changed the sheets for me to the ones that I got for Christmas<3 You can be sure I will enjoy my time at home real well ;-) No worry of me moving out any time soon, haha!
My thoughts at this moment are just all over the place, and I feel like even writing 100 lists wouldn't help me to clear out my head. I just unpacked the boxes I sent from Groningen via DHL(excellent service btw!) and did a huge pile of laundry. Now I am having my evening tea from this very wintery mug I got from Starbucks, so cute :-)


Tomorrow I will be heading to a birthday party in Jyväskylä and on monday I will start working again, so at least I will keep myself busy in the middle of all these emotions..

No comments:

Post a Comment