17 January 2014

Free as a bird

Today was the last school day of my exchange when I actually have to attend a class and do something in there. And even today, my job was to listen for four presentations and maybe ask some questions. I don't know if I should be feeling sad or something, but I am just excited and kind of ready for my next step in life. Even though, it feels weird to know I don't have to come back to the campus any longer. Today there was a trade fair happening at the Atrium, and a guitarist playing live music. I love the campus, there is always so much going on and people making it more lively. As compared to Vaasa, after three o'clock you shouldn't expect to see anyone around the school area. Of course here there is a lot more students too, so libraries are always full of people and there is a line to the cafeteria. Next week I still want to come here to take some pictures and maybe finish off my reports(as being productive at home never works out as planned...)

So, for the next week and a half there will be some report writing(about my exchange) and I have to figure out all the paperwork so that there is no need to stress about it in Finland anymore. On top of that, I really want to just enjoy the last bits of Groningen, visit places that before I have just passed by and never went in. For example the Groningen Museum would be one of those things... :-D Otherwise, just do a lot of extempore random stuff and spent as little time as possible at Korno. And yeah, go and get those moving boxes from IKEA and start packing!!

Other than that my goal is to:

  • Go to Amsterdam at least once and finally visit the Van Gogh Museum
  • Go for a coffee at Black&Bloom (and other local coffee places)
  • Maybe do some cheeky little shopping at Lily&Rose
  • Visit Lelystad & Almere
  • Execute our very secret to do-list
  • Go running and enjoy the neighborhood and the dutch nature

For next week, we already made plans to visit Antwerp in Belgium, as its only an 4 hour ride away, and costs us under 12€ (plus 17,5€ for the day ticket bought earlier).I already googled what to do in the Diamond city of the world, and one thing I found is this gorgeous castle! A must see for sure. I also wanted to go to the zoo, but it costs 17,5€ so well have to think about that a little more. I mean, when was the last time you went to the zoo? I don't even remember my last time, and I love zoos!



No comments:

Post a Comment