20 January 2014

Lazy monday afternoon

To benefit from the brisk winter weather we had today here in Groningen, I went for a little stroll around the city. Even though I had no plans or aim what to do, for the sake of the last few days here I decided to really enjoy and do/see something new everyday. On mondays all shops are not open here and the city is a little more quiet than usually, so perfect for a lazy monday. And to be honest, I also wanted to go and finally get one thing I had been lusting for... :-) Besides that, I just walked around and really enjoyed all the beautiful buildings by the canals, and popped in to a cute little store whenever one came across. To top it off, a warm up moment with a double cappuccino and banana bread at a super cute cafe.


Today I would say was the first day it actually felt like winter. That feeling when the winter air and wind makes your cheeks blush and tingle a bit, I love it! But still, I must say that that -20C weather waiting for me in Finland does not sound very appealing. At least there is snow, and hopefully I finally get to go skiing!



Its funny how you see and appreciate the surroundings a lot more when you know in a little over a week its all just a memory. There is so much to see still, I am not ready to leave. But on the other hand, I am so so excited to go back home.


Okay, as there is seems to be no point in this post whatsoever maybe I will just go back to packing and stressing about all this stuff I have here and how on earth I will move them to Finland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment