8 January 2014

When in Los Angeles

So I don't exactly remember if I have already officially announced this very important thing happening in February of 2014. Before christmas we were talking with mom so that a holiday would be a great idea, as she has had a pretty rough year at work and I have been away and had so much things going on. So a week or two off from everything to go on a ladies trip sounded pretty good! Sooner than I even thought, mom texted me saying she just booked tickets to Los Angeles for February and a hotel for one week. I was soooooo excited to hear the news, and still am!


Ever since our trip to LA actually came true (before it was just dreaming) I have been compiling an excel file of things I want to see and do, where I want to visit, eat, shop.. That way every time I hear or come across something new to explore, I just add it to my excel sheet and it may or may not be fulfilled. So far the list consists of 67 things. I guess we are going to have a busy holiday ;-)



I had an idea of going to see a band while our time in there also. As of course during the daytime we will be doing a lot of touristy stuff, like sightseeing, shopping, beaching, driving around etc. but nighttime has usually been just walking around, eating in a nice restaurant and maybe going to the theater. Even though that also is perfectly enough for me - we are however going there just for a holiday of relaxing - I am positive we can manage to fit a gig to our schedule. I might have even found the perfect one.. A band called Kodaline has been on my playlists for a quite a while now, but of course being relatively small(even though they have sold out their Ireland and UK tour already!!) in Finland I have never had a change to see them live. On Youtube they have some amazing live performance videos, and the music of course is just my beat. AND they are performing in LA on the 27th of February. Right during the one week that we are there, they are performing. How amazing. I still need to confirm this with mom of course, but it would be so cool to see them!



They are playing at a venue called El Rey in Central LA on 27th February and two tickets would be $55.. Not too bad I'd say :-)



If you have ANY suggestions on what to see or do or eat in Los Angeles, please share your knowledge! Especially something more special(tourist guides have pretty much been read already)
Photos from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment