4 January 2014

New Year of Freaking 2014

I got to celebrate leaving 2013 behind and welcoming 2014 in a great way. Usually we have been in Tampere, but this year I wanted something different. Of course, as more and more of my friends have moved away from home to a new town it didn't feel that obvious to be spending the night in Tampere. Most of us have homes elsewhere. So I was invited to Helsinki by Viivi. We ate well, caught up on everything in both of our lives, as so much has happened during this fall and of course enjoyed a few festive beverages ;-)
For midnight, we wanted to head out to town as there was a big firework show at Senaatintori. On the way we met two other of my friends, and god it was good to reunite with them after such a long time! I couldn't have asked for a better company to spend the evening with. We always have such fun together. Although there were so many people trying to see the show, but we did manage to see some parts of it.

After the fireworks, we decided to head out to a bar. We didn't have any plans, and it seemed that there was a huge line to every place. There was no point in waiting in line and possibly never getting in, so we just went to some random bar with barely no line. It turned out to be a good idea. There were still people inside, but not in the extend of being overcrowded, we managed to get drinks pretty quick and these was room on the dance floor.. :-D The night went by so fast, and suddenly it was time to head home. We continued the party at V's apartment and somehow managed to stay up waay too late eating chocolate fondue and toasting with some more champs. The next morning wasn't that bright for us, haha!
This is the year when I turn 22. This is the year when I should graduate. This is the year when I have to figure out my next plans in life.

The following year will be full of planning, working, school, excitement, stress and hopefully also a lot of laughter, spending time with friends and family and being healthy. I already have one trip planned but I am hoping to travel even more.

I didn't make any specific new years resolutions this time, but I have been thinking of what I would like to experience, and what I expect to happen. That is to live life to the fullest, enjoy every bit of it, be more productive and focus on the important stuff and the important people in my life. Smile more and enjoy (and find my prince lol)!

No comments:

Post a Comment